Sunday 15 May 2011

Yeeee Haaaaaa!

Have been doing more practise of my lasooing today.  Not as good as on Friday!
I missed twice today, but when I did nail it I had to let out a little Yee Haa!  Not sure the lock keepers would appreciate my cowboy references to lock husbandry!  Although have come across some really lovely ones so far.  In around Oxford, Rich of Osney, lovely guy and awesome beard!  Ian of Iffley and of course Larry lockeeper who's lock we are currently moored at!  Thanks Lazza, shall sort you out a bacon sarnie in the mornin!!

I am listening to some music sent to me by a friend, really enjoying it and reminding me of special moments.
How great to have post too, thanks big sis for being my post mistress!

We are currently moored at Clifton, we spent the weekend in Oxford, we left this morning and are heading to Wallingford tomorrow, back through Reading and then to Henley, Marlow and not sure where on Wed/Thus, shall keep you updated!  Will be great to see my old haunts from the River!

Smile moment of the day:  Counting my tips and my boss coming in and saying how I deserved them.  How lovely to get a compliment.
Achievement of the day:  Driving the boat all by myself, no one on deck atall, for at least 10 minutes!!!
Wildlife moment of the day:  Several Geese families all bundled up together on the River bank, big piles of goslingy fluff.
Random moment of the day:  Passing a guy in an inflatable canoe thingy and he being the guy who's house we moored outside of in Newbury!!  Sorry we didn't recognise you James!!

Still haven't worked out the name for a baby coot.  Must be more interesting than a chick surely!

Have to get back to work in a mo, don't get lock evenings off anymore, so back to it, whoooopaaa!

Ooh very excited that people are reading about Rosie, from the US, Australia and Germany!
Follow me people, 3 is quite frankly poor at best!

Take Care
R xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment