Friday 6 May 2011

Breasting

How enjoyable breasting up against Rebecca was last night.  Everyone does need one for a pillow after all!
Our breasting fun was in Great Bedwyn, we now know so well.  4th time of sleeping in the sleepy village.

We are now parked up in Hungerford and ready to deposit our guests tomorrow, very ready!
What an interesting week it has been.  Hmm interesting, very ambiguous.  I felt the best way to to describe them and the week we have had would be in a poem, I can't write poetry!  Perhaps if I find my self pint in hand tomorrow afternoon I shall give it a go!
I normally feel a pang on Fridays as I have say goodbye to the lovely folk, but this week it feels more of a relief, I am determined to refill the boat with positive energies and get our spirits back up again.

Wildlife spot of yesterday:  seeing a munk jack deer at the side of the canal, then sprinting into the aligning woodland.
Food of the day:  pork and leek terrine, makerel fillets with roasted veg and lemon mousse!  I even over heard a, that was nice comment!  I preserved it in vinegar and will send it back to them!
Smiles moment of the day:  Looking up and seeing a black lab half in the kitchen window drooling all over the surfaces, inches away from the mackerel fillets!  The poor owner, she was mortified!
Acheivement of yesterday:  At the top of the Crofton flight, the top gate was so very indeed stiff, I was there for about 5 minutes, with no movement, no nuffink not a whisper.  I ended up just leaning away from it, holding on, looking helpless, eventually I got it and it moved, just as the man on the boat waiting for us, started running over to help.  Bless him, he then said you deserve a pay rise for that!!  i did it though, me and my bicep!!

I love how people keep saying, wow what an amazing job.  It is a great feeling to have something other people are envious of and fascinated by.  Even on more difficult days, it makes me see, yes it really is wonderful!  I can take 5 minutes, sit on the roof with a cuppa, feed the baby ducks and all those issues just float away with all the other scum floating about on the canal.  By that I mean debris and pop, not actual people!  Everyone is so nice and friendly, I often get held up by chatting to people for ages.  There are of course excepetions, but I can't even remember any, most people are lovely and will do anything for you.  It is like it's own community on the waterways.  

Looking forward to my evening off tomorrow, no plans, just need some chill out.

Lotsa watery love
Rxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment