Saturday 21 May 2011

Swans, Planes and Castles

Well I have had a lovely night off in Windsor.  I have a wander down to Bath's Island and into town, had a wander around the shops and bought a hat!! I know!  I bloody hat. I can't wear hats.  Practicality overruled on this one and I got one for boat steering as the glare is making my furrowed brow hurt!  UNbeleiveable that I found one that fits the Rosie gigantic head!

I then went for a drink, a sit by the castle people watching ad earwiggin, fab fun!  Then went for dinner at Carluccios, yummy Gnocchi.

I am now back in my cabin, feeling rested and looking forward to meeting our new guests.  Last lot before week off!

Should be a good week, new surroundings and and some fun things to see.
We are off tomorrow, Weybridge bound, on Tuesday we shall be heading to Hampton Court, spending the afternoon there, then heading back toward Weybridge on Tuesday to join the Wey.  I forget where we stay then, but heading to Wisley and Guildford for Thursday.  Godalming on Friday then off for my week of catching up with my lovelies for the week!

I found it interesting today, how you can feel like a tourist in places you are really familiar with!  It's a great feeling and allows you to see parts of places you never would normally in every day life.

Nature is a beautiful thing and I feel blessed to be so close to it.  The flapping of swans taking off is prolific here and a great sight, how do they do it!!  So clever.  Around the K&A we saw areas where the telegraph line had dangly shiney objects on them and is apparently to to stop the swans flying into them.  Clever.  Right I am rambling now!

Rxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment