Tuesday 21 June 2011

Wonky

A lady on the canal side pub yesterday, when asked by the skipper if she was drinking gin and orange (it was 10am!) she replied, no no just orange, I can't take alcohol, it makes me wonky!  Priceless.

We left our dubious mooring spot yesterday morning and meandered our way along the Grand Union through some fairly ropey parts of Milton Keynes (if there are any non ropey parts that is!).  I missed through the fabulous train murals on the side of the canal, not sure how I was outside all day.  Obviously too engrossed in my brassoing!  There was also a nice park area which apparently has a medieval village, not sure we saw that, although did see a pile of old stones!!  I had a good session of steering yesterday through some tricky windy areas, with bridges on angles and other wide beams coming the other way!

We moored in Cosgrove last night, lovely little place.  It has been a beautiful shiny day all day, but unfortunately once we moored it started raining, so didn't manage my walk to go find the fox family that I was told about!  Thank you to the lovely Arthur (don't really know his name, but his boat's name is Aurthur, so I have named him that!), for helping me out, by moving your gorgeous boat so we could get a mooring spot.  I reward him with Kat's delectable chocolate cake.  Clearly not all of it, that would be foolish and he would have had to have done far more than move his boat for all a Kat's chocolate cake!!

We are now in Stoke Bruerne.  A nice little flight of locks into Stoke Bruerne itself, I am on kitchen duty today, but popped out to give Kat some help and our lovely guests did too, so a group effort!
it is very pretty here, I have been briefly before, a long while ago.  It is wee but nice.  I dropped into the canal museum this afternoon, which was great, really interesting. I love all the canal history.  There were some amazing people doing amazing things with the canals.  My respect goes to all those ex leggers out there!

Right, I am off to make sausage and bean casserole.  Hoping for a cheeky pint later.  I have been such a good Rosie.  No boozio since last Friday!!! I definitely deserve some pint action!!

Over and out for now
Rxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment