Sunday 5 June 2011

Slippery When Wet

1st proper day back after our week off and it is piddling down!  So, a long day out locking in the rain, wind and cold, delightful!!!  Actually it was fun, I think we started to get delirious and there were lots of giggles and rude jokes going around, fun day, but could do without the sopping wet clothes and muddy bedroom!
It is still pouring, I can hear the pattering on the roof.  I have decided, shockingly, that even though we are outside a pub, I shall stay in my dry warm room in my comfies!  I have even shocked myself!  With that and the decision to abandon hair straightening, what is up with me!!!

I have a lovely fabulous week off seeing my special people, chilling out and having fun.  Loved it.  I was looking forward to coming back, the real world is very fast and noisy!

Highlights of week off:  Seeing great friends, drinking without school night guilt, sleep ins, the most incredible 2 hour bath!, Bloody Mary and Fajitas night, Sunnyiness, cementing how much I love it here.

I rejoined the boat in Godalming yesterday after a mission of a journey back from Reading.  We left this morning after a somewhat delayed start due to boat brokeness, however a nice man came and fixed us, so off we poodled, Pyrford bound.  A bit of a trek but we must get boat fixed first thing tomorrow here.  No stopping today so a good 8 hours motoring today, phewwf!  Locking in the rain is tough, I am somewhat surprised that I didn't fall over or in today at all!  Bon Jovi was right indeedio, is really is bloody slippery when wet!

Highlight of the day:  Seeing a man dressed as an elephant walking slowly through a field being photographed!
Wildlife highlight of the day:  Baby highland cattle in the canal.
First time moment of the day:  Seeing a swimmer in the canal - seriously rather him than me.
Giggle of the day -A little head and tea joke from my boss!  Still makes me smiles after 4 hours! You had to be there!

I think I need tea, a sarnie and the apprentice!  Spose I should unpack too!

Thanks to all my lovelies for a great week last week, miss you all.

Over and out
Rxxxx (4 today, generous)

No comments:

Post a Comment