Tuesday 28 June 2011

Cat with a K

I had the pleasure of meeting another gorgeous Kat last night!  The guy moored behind us in a working boat has a cat called Kat!  Brilliant!  She was comedy, so was he in fact!
We are moored in Weedon tonight, which tickles me, as we passed through last week we saw a building with stating the place as ’ Weed on’  in two words! Teeheee  I know, juvenile! 
Good lordy has it been hot hot hot!  Jus thow I like it!  Although working in heat is not easy.  On Sunday had a tricky flight of locks, oh think I may have told you this, god I am terrible with days!  Yesrday I was in the kitchen and boy was I sweaty!  I kept having to pop outside for some air and I had seemed to give myself a full on cooking day.  I was very pleased with my caeser salad though, how does a cold meal involve so much oven usage though I ask you!

This time next week it shall be my birthday!  A boaty birthday how cool.  Feels strange to be around people you don’t know on my birthday, but kinda cool, not sure I would want big birthday bob’s celebrations this year anyway.  We are full next week too so should be a good one and looking forward to heading back down London way!
Grrrr to the man who took over my locking today as he obviously thought he could do it better, as I had a sticky paddle, he just said stop there, took my windlass off me and proceeded to wind it for me.  I had a few, well one primarily choice words for him, in my head only as my boss knew him.  One way to rile Rosie is to take over as you think you can do it better, Grrr!
Funny day today, chilly and cloudy, no storms that others seem to be reporting though.  We were up early doors to go through Branston Tunnell, which was great.  It is so windy and bendy!  How can tunnels not be straight!  Glad I wasn’t driving and probably so was everyone else!  Apparently a mistake was made though in the building of it, quite a mistake!  Just 7 locks today, and none tomorrow and then another tunnel day for me on Thurday at Blisworth, Cosgrove on Thurday night and Stoke Breurne on Friday and the weekend, then our decent into London village!

I ahve been thinking that I would hate to leave this life in October, I love being by the water, on a boat, surrounded by people, chatting to new people everyday.  Anytime I feel blue or stressed, it is gone before I know it, because a random has said hello to me, I have seen a baby duckling propel itself along the canal, Kat has made me tea and James had made me giggle or the sun sparkles on the water.  I need to find another boat related job!

Back to work, dinner time.
Tara Rxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment