Wednesday 8 June 2011

D for....................

I am sitting on my bed, listening to the sound of crashing water from the weir at Teddingon.
We were in Hampton Court last night, well, not so much in Hampton court, as moored up outside bit metal gates!  We spent most of the day there so our lovely ladies could go for a gander at le Palace.  We then took the epic journey all the way to Teddington!  We managed to make it seem longer, by going the wrong way to get water and pump out, then going back past Hampton Court to Teddington!

We head off tomorrow to Balls Bridge? Pauls Bridge? Something like that!  Laarndon innit!
Then on Friday morning, we head off into Little Venice.
It will be great to see London from such a different view.
Tomorrow on the locks sounds fun, as we have to go through this here lock at Teddington at a specific time, as we go on into the Tidal Thames!  Ooooooh!   Then I get a nice little flight of locks on the Grand Union I think.  
One of our guests has her birthday tomorrow, so I made her a birthday cake today!  It was great making a proper cake again, although not one of my best I must admit.  Icing cakes on the move is not the easiest!!!

Had a busy one today, super cooky, I made:

Shortbread, Bacon and Feta Quiche with Bread rolls and Salad (salad was hard work!), Cherry and Almond cake, Prawn and Avocado Salad, Cottage PIe, Pavlova and of course the birthday Carrot cake for tomorrow! I love days like that, much prefer being full on all day.  Although no sitting down time, so feet are all worn out now!  At 6oclock I realised I hadn't been out of the boat all day, so had 5 minutes on the wall outside!

Odd moment of the day:   One of my guests giving me a big hug and telling me I am like a granddaughter to her!!!
Highlight of the day:  Tiny fluffy Cygnets at the kitchen window.

Ooooooo Ooooooh, yesterday I saw another kingfisher!!  Go me!  I am now officially 2 nil up on the kingfisher spotting score board!!

Right I am busting for a piddle, so off to sort out that problem!

See you in London baby!

Rxxx

P.S D for ..... Dunce, Debbie or whatever you fancy.  The post it says so.

No comments:

Post a Comment