Tuesday 19 April 2011

Hotter than the Sun

What a stunning day in rosie's world today.  The weather just incredible and it was my first day solo on the locks.  Well I say solo, I had helpers as a couple of the passengers got involved, which was great fun and a great help as we ahd 19 locks today!  The skies were blue and the sun was beating down on me, so my mile walks were a joy and there were so many friendly folk out today, lots of chat with randoms!!
I have put an order in with the boss to find some sexy men for me to look at, but so far no joy!  I did make a friend this afternoon, but well bless him, not quite what I had in mind!

I have had a bit of a gap in the blogging, as we had a couple of manic days getting ready for the guests, then in boonieville again, no tintleweb!  So, we were in Devizes until Sunday, we picked up our passengers on Sat afternoon, kind of odd having strangers coming onto the home we had created for ourselves, but to be fair, without paying passengers there would be no home, so we welcomed them and are being nice!!  They are all lovely and not too demanding!  We set off on Sunday and moored overnight on Honey Street, a lovely spot, middle of no where, but is the trend!  Apparently famous for croup circles, but failed to go out on the hunt in the middle of the night for crop circlers!
Last night we moored in Croften, which has the last pump house on the Canal!
Oooh the interesting canal facts!  the nights sky was just incredible last night, I went to watch the stars and there were oh so clear, I saw a satellite and a shooting star!  I was ooh ing and aahing to myself!  Gorgeous.  Yesterday was general a lovely one, looking out of the kitchen window watching squirrels keeping up with the boat along the bank and having a tea break in a field full of baby lambs!

We had a busy day today and have now moored in Hungerford, it is nice to be in a town and have some signal to write my ramblings, however I feel a bit odd being in a town, there are people and lights and stuff!

I (well me and the lovely Kat) have been having our dinner out on the roof of the boat, which just feel wonderful!  The last two nights I have found a little Rosie bench by the boat to have my dinner (leftovers!) but tonight we sat at the stern on the roof, with the swans waiting eagerly for theirs!  Garlic bread leftover, gotta be kidding!

Battery running out and no power, see you soon lovlies!

Rxxx

1 comment:

  1. Forgot to say, reason for title, is, apart being being a scorcher today, I burnt my hand last night on duty and scared the bejeezus outta my poor boss! All is fine and not blistered yet, still managed to wind pesky stiff paddles! Lovely kind and caring bosses, but really it was just a dafty pratty move, but whilst it was throbbing like hell last night in bed I wasn't feeling quite so brave, but I soldiered though, what a trooper! it looks pathetic today!!

    ReplyDelete