Wednesday 13 April 2011

Driving Miss Rosie

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Brrrrrrrr.  Super chilly today, freezing my bits off this morning, all that canal windyness makes Rosie a chilly sole.

I have a very brave boss, who let me behind the wheel today, well I say wheel, I mean Tiller, but you know what I mean, I got to drive wooooo!  I was pants!  I was trying to drive it like a car, for info for any budding boaters, that doesn't work!!  You will end up steering into trees or forcing an angry butch narrow boater to be grounded, not that I would know about either of those senarios!  TR is a beast to manoeuvre along a narrow stretch of water, but great fun.  Oh the power, of controlling 70 foot of beastiness!

A quiet day today, no locks and pootled along to Devizes, where are at the mo in the rain.
I have stocked up with gloves, hat and long socks so hope to less brass monkeyish in tut morning.

Shower, Shepards Pie, Pub!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment