Friday 29 April 2011

Aquamazing

The person who came up with the idea of aqueducts is a god!
We moored last night at Dundas, on the top of an aquaduct, incredible!  The very concept still amazes me,  water up high, thats just crazy!!  Odd place though, tried to find a pub last night and ended up coming back to the safety of the boat after scaring the bejeesus out of ourselves in what seemed like the set of an 80's American horror movie!

We arrived in Bath today, here for the weekend and I have the afternoon/evening off!  Yippeee!  I am shattered, been chilling for a bit and now needing a pint so off for a wander.  I have dried out my wine stash, so need top ups, keeping a bottle of wine and several bars of dark chocolate on the shelf above my bed, does make me look like I have issues!!  Ah well, issues smissues!

HIghlight of the day:  yesterday's was hands down going over two aqueducts and seeing the canal, road and railway below.

Been a quiet day today, so not much to report.  Last night of passengers and newbies tomorrow.  Each week it's that little tingle of anticipation and hoping they are lovely!

R xx
P.s my feet are freezing, the boss soaked the floor of our bedroom in a lock and carpet is on roof drying, brrrr!!

No comments:

Post a Comment