Saturday 7 April 2012

Leaving dry land

Well here we are again.  Sitting with my bags packed and ready to leave dry land for another season on the lovely Tranquil Rose.

I was sure I would only feel excitement this time around as it is like my second home now, familiar and have proved to myself I could do it.  For some reason this isn't so, I feel really nervous and a little anxious.  I have packed and repacked many times and sit here with wriggling butterflies in my hungover tummy.

It has been a hard winter and I am glad to move on and back to being where I can be happy.  In a couple of hours I will back on water and that makes me smile.  Back to hard work and can't wait to get my teeth into something again after a fairly floaty 6 months, my winter of discontent as a very good friend calls it.

Anyway .... start of another chapter today.  Days of windlass carrying and cake making are back in Rosie's life, hurrah to that!

I am off to Newbury where the boat is and has been over the winter and we head off tomorrow, bound for Bradford on Avon where we hope to be by Thursday.  We get our new passengers a week today so a busy week of boating and getting the boat ready and looking like a hotel again!

I shall keep you posted with my movements again (err not those kind, my locations!) and would lovely to see you if you are passing or if I am close to me, give me a shout!

Right, to the boat I go!
See you on the water!

Rxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment