Friday 16 March 2012

the end of one and another begins

In the last year I have discovered a love of reading, it has been a slow start, but in 30 years I literally read 2 books, because school made me, so I don't expect to be a bofin any time soon.

I have in said year read both Audrey Niffenegger's novels.  She is wonderful.  She is incredible at bringing the characters to life and making you fall for them, hook, line and sinker.  She makes quirky story lines seem totally normal and you don't even question it.
I have just finished The Time Travellers wife, it was beautiful and for a non cryer at films, books and plays etc (apart from War Horse but that is in it's own league!) I shed a tear near the end.  In an odd way I could empathise with some of it and a lot of the feelings rang true for me.  Yes it made a little bit of an impact!
Thanks to the lovely Kat for passing it on to me.

So one end....
Another beginning....

But my story this time, Audreys beautiful story ended as I made a bold move to start my own new chapter.  I have applied for a working visa in New Zealand.  I have had confirmation of it's receipt and it should be being processed, right now!! EXCITED.  This means so much to me, for 14 years I have wanted to do this and now I have the opportunity.  I am going to wait until I get my visa before I plan too much and get too excited, soo watch this space...............................
(what a gimp saying!)

Strange week this week, I got home from a wonderful holiday last week, with Tendinitis!  So I have spent ever since on crutches, laid up and very bored now!  10 days of nothing and cancelled plans is getting a bit scratchy now.  So I plan to be back in action next week.

Only 3 weeks until I go back on the boat!!!!  Wooooo.

Take Care
Rxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment