Saturday 23 June 2012

Swim hat Swim

My liability status spiralled this week.

I awoke in beautiful Cassiobury park on Thursday morning, feeling like I was in the Amazon.  Damp, misty morning, the birds singing in the trees, heard through the water drips hitting the leaves of dense trees and foliage.

A very wet night meant very wet ground and a very slippy boat.  I was walking along the gunnels towards the bow to untie the ropes and I slipped.  A difficult part where the gunnels are narrow and covered by material from the well deck covers.  I was being uber careful and slow, still not fully confident after my last incident.  The next thing I knew, was totally submerged in water, briefly opening my eyes to seeing nothing but vast amounts of green water.

The bank was high so I couldn't get out, I was pulled out by my arms and belt loops!
I was a bit spluttery from canal water going up my nose, a sore bit on my arm and a little bewildered, but apart from that was pretty ok.

After a little time to stop shaking and gather myself, I washed the Grand Union out of my hair, got into some dry clothes, and carried on with a 11 lock day.  A wee bit wobbly, but quite pleased I didn't visit the land of shock, as is my usual trick.  I have escaped quite well I thought to myself.
I woke the next day, realising this was a foolish, just foolish.  I was sore from head to toe and could barely bend down.  My arm is bruised and scraped from armpit to elbow.  It is very pretty!
I was furnished with Arnica cream and it is helping immensly and feeling much better today.

I am a spud, good job I can cook!

Rxxx
p.S.  I lost my hat, it floated away down the Grand Union, never to be seen again. Sob.

No comments:

Post a Comment