Monday 31 October 2011

THE END

I started the season with no idea about boats, canals or what I was letting myself in for.  I came from a sad place to start a new chapter in my life, a big adventure, to set me on my way.
I learnt more and gained more than I ever thought I would.
It was an incredible journey, ups and downs, ins and outs, I went through a lot on the boat and learnt a huge amount about myself.  Facing some past demons and pushing myself beyond my limits.

The whole experience puts a smile on my face thinking of it, being on the water and travelling constantly felt right, felt so me and no down lasted long once I looked out on the glistening water or listened to the ducklings chirping.  I loved being back at work after so long and thoroughly enjoyed working and throwing myself into something  so totally.  (I'm not talking about my fall in!)  It was a bit of a shock to the system, working 12-14 hours a day everyday.  Except for our one evening off, which whilst the time out was needed, mostly I just wanted to be on the boat working.

It was hard, tough at times, there were some tears, some frustration and a lot of bruises!  Outweighed however with lots of smiles and buckets of giggles.  I laughed so much, sometimes it hurt!  I saw some amazing things, some wonderful wildlife and stunning views.  I have seen some countryside I never knew existed and saw a totally new side to places I thought I knew.

I have memories which will never leave me and lovely new friends I will never forget.
Lots of new skills, some more confidence and a lot more happiness.
The whole experience and journey has meant so much to me and I am so grateful to have been given the opportunity to have had it in my life and the ability to move on.   I have proved to myself that I can do it and if  I am honest I am  a little proud of myself.

Boating is now under my skin and I won't leave it all behind, but for now I am on dry land, continuing my new journey and remembering the good times of the last 6 months :)

Thanks for all my followers and viewers.  I shall keep you posted on what comes next!

Rxxx















No comments:

Post a Comment